NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
You have individual rights as part of the Notice of Privacy Practices. As a patient of Hearing Rehab Center, you have the right to:
- Request that our practice restricts uses and disclosures of your health information. However, we are not required to agree to the requested restriction unless you are requesting a restriction on the use and disclosure of your protected health information to a health plan for payment or healthcare operations and such information pertains to a healthcare item or service which you paid for in full or out of pocket. These requests should be made in writing to the address given in this privacy notice. In your request, you must tell us (a) what information you want to limit; (b) whether you want to limit to our use, disclosure, or both; and (c) to whom you want the limits to apply.
- Be notified upon a breach of any of your unsecured protected health information.
- Request that we communicate with you regarding your confidential medical information by different means or at different locations. This request must be made to our practice in writing.
- Request photocopies of your medical records on file and/or a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices. If you need a photocopy, please notify our patient care coordinator.
- Request a change to your health information if you think it is incomplete or inaccurate. However, if the audiologist, hearing healthcare professional, or office personnel believe the patient’s health information is accurate, he/she can refuse to make the requested changes. This request must be made in writing to Hearing Rehab Center.
- Receive a list of all the times your medical information has been shared by our office to our business associates for six years prior to the request date, other than treatment, payment, healthcare operations, and/or other specified exceptions.
- Request a paper copy if you have received this Notice of Privacy Practices electronically. This request must be made in writing to Hearing Rehab Center.
According to HIPAA regulations, you have the right to restrict the uses or disclosures of your information made for purpose of treatment, payment, and/or healthcare operations.
- Treatment is the provision, coordination, or management of hearing health care. For example, we may use and disclose your information to consult with a third party or to refer you to other healthcare providers. We will get your written consent prior to making disclosures outside our practice for treatment purposes, except in emergencies.
- Payment includes the activities necessary to obtain reimbursement for the provision of hearing health care. For example, we may need to give your health plan information about treatment. We will get your written consent prior to making disclosures for payment purposes.
- Healthcare operations include the activities necessary for our practice to run its business operations. For example, we may use your information to review treatment and services to evaluate the performance of our staff.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or think we may have violated your privacy rights, please contact us at:
Hearing Rehabilitation Center
8321 S. Sangre De Cristo Rd.
Littleton, CO 80127
If your concern is not resolved, you may also submit a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. If you choose to file a complaint, we will not retaliate in any way.
This notice shall be effective as of September 23, 2013.